Autumn Apple Butter Scones
Fall weekends mean not only the return of football, but baking too. Make Autumn apple butter scones for your next weekend baking project!
For the Scones:
- 2 + 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 cup apple butter
- 1 egg
For the glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Cut the butter into the flour mixture using a pastry blender or two forks until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and apple butter. Add the dry ingredients to the apple butter and egg mixture and stir only until the dry ingredients have been incorporated.
- On a flour covered wooden board, flatten the dough and cut into 8 equal pieces and place on the parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, until golden brown and slightly firm.
- While the scones are baking, make the glaze. In a small mixing bowl, add all ingredients and whisk together vigorously until all of the powdered sugar is incorporated, approximately 2 minutes.
- Let the scones cool for 5 minutes before drizzling the glaze onto them. Serve warm or cool.