Baked Cream Cheese Wonton Poppers
Baked Cream Cheese Wonton Poppers are the perfect make ahead appetizer for entertaining. You can prepare these the night before or even freeze them, then pop them into the oven right before guests arrive and you have a crowd pleaser ready to go!
- 8oz Light cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup Chopped green onions
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 24 Wonton wrappers
- 1/2 cup Warm water
- Avocado oil, olive oil, or other cooking spray
- Your favorite dipping sauce - my favorites are soy sauce, sweet and sour sauce or Thai sweet chili sauce!
- The first thing we will do is create our filling for the wonton poppers. Mix together the cream cheese, ginger, garlic powder, and green onions using a fork or potato masher.
- On a clean dry surface, place a wonton wrapper down and roughly a teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture. Dip your finger into the warm water and spread the water along the edges of the wonton wrapper. Quickly dry your fingers off and then squeeze together the edges of the wrapper. Place your wrapped popper onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Once you place wontons on the baking sheet and you have finished filling the wrappers with all of your cream cheese filling, spray the poppers with a little bit of oil. Preheat your oven to four hundred degrees F. Bake for approximately seven minutes, until the wonton wrapper is golden and crispy, and the filling is soft and melty. Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy!