Baked Turkey Pesto Meatballs
These baked turkey pesto meatballs are the perfect weeknight dinner. They are easy to prepare with fresh, healthy ingredients and are also kid approved. Get your whole family involved in preparing this simple meal and enjoy the finished product together!
For the Pesto:
- 1 + 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- zest of half a lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (approximately 1 lemon)
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F. Add all of the pesto ingredients into a food processor and combine at high speed until well combined and a smooth consistency.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ground turkey and the pesto until well and evenly incorporated.
- Roll the turkey pesto mixture into golf ball sized meatballs and place evenly spaced onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the turkey is cooked through and starts to turn golden brown. Serve with rice and veggies or your favorite pasta. Enjoy!