Caprese Orzo Pasta Salad
Caprese orzo pasta salad is the perfect combination of summer flavors. I love having this as a light meal or side dish all the time during patio season!
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Honey
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
For the Salad:
- 8oz Orzo pasta
- 1 cup Bocconcini pearls, drained
- 1 pint Cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 3/4 cup Fresh basil leaves, sliced
- Cook your orzo pasta as outlined in the package instructions. While the orzo is cooking, make your dressing. In a large bowl, whisk together the balsamic, olive oil, Dijon mustard, honey, and minced garlic until well combined. Once your orzo is cooked, drain it and add to the dressing and toss until evenly coated. Set aside and let it cool to room temperature.
- While you wait for the orzo to cool, prep your other ingredients. Quarter your tomatoes, slice your fresh basil, and drain and rinse the mozzarella balls under cold water using a strainer or fine colander.
- Once your orzo has cooled completely, toss your tomatoes, cheese, and basil into the salad. Add salt and pepper to taste and toss. Serve immediately and enjoy!