Caprese Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Use the last of your fresh tomatoes to make these quick and deliciously healthy caprese stuffed chicken breasts, which will wow dinner guests!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small bocconcini (2 oz), sliced
- 4 basil leaves, sliced (plus more for serving)
- 1 vine ripened tomato, sliced
- 2 tsp basil pesto
- 3 tbsp chicken broth
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400F. Make a small slice in the fold of the chicken breasts to make space to stuff them.
- Add the bocconcini slices, basil leaves, and half of the sliced tomato to the cavity in the chicken breasts. Using cooking twine, tie the chicken breasts closed. Spread the pesto evenly over the chicken breasts.
- Heat a non-stick oven safe skillet on medium-high heat. Add the chicken broth and balsamic vinegar and boil to reduce. Remove the skillet from heat.
- Add the stuffed chicken breasts and remaining tomato slices to the skillet. Bake in the oven for approximately 20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the middle.