Cardamom Christmas Linzer Cookies
Up your Christmas cookie game with these cardamom Christmas linzer cookies! Using raspberry preserves, these are the perfect cookie sandwich.
- 1 + 1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 2 tbsp water
- 3/4 cup raspberry jam
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Using a stand mixer or handheld mixer, mix together the butter, sugar, and vanilla extract until just combined.
- Add the flour, salt, cardamom, and water and continue to mix until just combined. Shape the dough into a flat disk and wrap in plastic wrap. Place in the fridge and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Sprinkle flour on your surface and the top of the dough. Roll until it is 1/4 inch thick. Using a large cookie cutter, cut out as many cookies as possible. Using a smaller cookie cutter, cut out the center of half of the cookies. Chill for 15 minutes before baking.
- Bake cookies for 15 to 20 minutes, until the edges are golden. Place the cookies on a cooling rack and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Dust the cutout cookies with powdered sugar. Spread the raspberry jam onto the full cookie rounds and place the cutout cookies on top. Enjoy!