Chickpea Turmeric Shrimp Bowls
Shrimp is a great protein to cook in summer. Try these chickpea turmeric shrimp bowls for a fast, healthy and delicious dinner tonight!
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, chopped fine
- 1 red pepper, diced fine
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 large can of chickpeas (540ml), drained and rinsed
- 1lb frozen shrimp, thawed
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- Heat a non-stick skillet on medium high and add olive oil.
- Add garlic and ginger to pan and cook until fragrant and tender, approximately 1 minute.
- Add red pepper to the pan and cook until tender, stirring frequently, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add spices to the pan and chickpeas. Stir to ensure chickpeas are coated evenly with the spices. Cook until the chickpeas are starting to get crispy, approximately 8 minutes.
- Add shrimp to the pan and cook until starting to become firm, approximately 2 minute.
- Turn heat to high and add broth and wine. Cook until the liquid thickens and shrimp are cooked through, approximately 3 minutes.