Copycat Olive Garden Chicken Piccata
Chicken Piccata is a favorite Italian dish. In my opinion, this Olive Garden version is an even better take on the classic dish! The lemon garlic butter sauce is the key to this dish. It is so good it will surely win over any picky eater!
- 1lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise and pounded to even thickness
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1/2 cup shallots, diced
- 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped sundried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup capers, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- parsley, shredded parmesan, and lemon slices for serving (optional)
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and pepper until well combined. Dredge chicken in the flour mixture. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and butter to the pan. Once butter is melted and olive oil is shimmering, ad the chicken to the pan. Cook until golden brown on each side. Once the chicken is cooked through, transfer to a paper towel lined plate and reduce heat to medium.
- Add garlic and shallots to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally until the shallots are soft and garlic is fragrant, approximately 2 to 3 minutes. Add chicken broth, white wine, and lemon to the pan to deglaze. Stir up the browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Once the sauce starts to reduce, add the sundried tomatoes, capers, and heavy cream and stir to combine.
- Once the sauce reduces and thickens, add the chicken back to the pan and heat through. Remove from heat and serve over rice or your favorite pasta. Top with shredded parmesan, parsley, and lemon slices and enjoy!