Copycat Olive Garden Garlic Rosemary Chicken
This copycat Olive Garden garlic rosemary chicken is a healthy and easy weeknight meat the whole family will love. Make it tonight!
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1 head of garlic
- 1lb skinless boneless chicken breasts, beaten to 1/2 inch thick
- salt and pepper, for seasoning
- 3 cups brown cremini mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth (more if you want more sauce)
- 3–4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach, sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice (approx. 1/2 lemon)
- Preheat oven to 400F. Slice the top of your garlic bulb off and place in the center of a piece of aluminum foil. Drizzle 1 tsp olive oil over the garlic and wrap it in the foil. Roast in the oven for 40-60 minutes. If you are in a rush, skip this step and add 3-4 cloves of crushed garlic with the mushrooms.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet on medium-high heat. Add remaining 2 tsp oil and chicken breasts and sear each side until golden brown, approximately 3-5 minutes per side. Remove chicken from the skillet and set aside on a plate.
- Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until they are softened and liquid is evaporated. The mushrooms should be starting to brown, approximately 5 minutes. Add white wine and chicken broth to deglaze the pan. Stir to bring up any brown bits on the bottom of the pan. Add rosemary sprigs and roasted garlic to the sauce and nestle the chicken into the sauce. Continue to cook as the sauce reduces and thickens, approximately 5 minutes.
- Once the sauce has reached your desired thickness, stir in spinach and add lemon juice. Turn heat off and cover the pan until the spinach has wilted. Serve with your favorite potatoes, pasta, or rice and enjoy!