Creamy Goat Cheese Bucatini
Fall weekends are my favorite time to tuck into a big bowl of pasta. Fill your next comfort food fix with this creamy goat cheese bucatini!
- 8oz dried bucatini noodles
- 3 tbsp sundried tomatoes, plus one tsp of the oil from the jar
- 3 shallots, sliced (approximately 1 cup)
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 6oz turkey sausage (approximately 1 + 1/2 links)
- 3 tbsp chicken broth
- 3 cups sliced baby spinach
- 1 small packet of goat cheese (100g)
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- Cook bucatini to package instructions. Be sure to save 1 cup of pasta water at the end of the cooking process. I recommend removing and draining the pasta just before it is cooked to al dente. Then add the pasta to the pan with the sauce in it to complete the cooking process.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet on medium-high heat, add the oil from the sundried tomatoes and shallots. Cook until soft, approximately 3 minutes.
- Add the sundried tomatoes and mushrooms to the skillet and cook until the mushrooms start to change color, approximately 3 minutes.
- Add the turkey sausage and cook, breaking apart the meat until it is no longer pink, approximately 5 minutes.
- Bring heat to high and add the chicken broth. Stir to deglaze the pan. Add spinach and cook until the spinach is wilted, approximately 1 minute and bring heat down to low.
- Add bucatini noodles to the skillet, crumbled goat cheese over the noodles. Stir noodles into the sauce to combine, until the goat cheese is fully melted. Add salt and pepper to taste. Scoop into bowls and top with parmesan cheese and serve.