Creamy Greek Tzatziki
This creamy Greek tzatziki is drained in the fridge which gives it great texture. It is a great summer dip that you will have so much fun making!
- 1 small container (500g) 0% fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 small cucumber (approximately 8-inches long)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed in a garlic press
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, approximately 1 lemon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus more for serving
- Place a kitchen towel in a strainer over a medium mixing bowl. Put Greek yogurt on the towel. Drain in the fridge for one to two and a half hours. Once drained, dispose of water in the bowl and add drained yogurt to the mixing bowl.
- Shred cucumber and let sit for 10 minutes to drain water. Using another kitchen towel, squeeze any remaining water out of the cucumber and add to the mixing bowl with the drained yogurt.
- Add crushed garlic, lemon juice, and 1 tbsp olive oil to the bowl. Crack salt and pepper over the bowl to taste. Mix all ingredients together well.
- Drizzle with olive oil and enjoy!