Creamy Pasta with Chanterelle Mushrooms
This creamy pasta with chanterelle mushrooms is the perfect meal as the days get cooler. The decadent flavor of the chanterelles and smooth sauce make this the perfect dinner to impress this weekend!
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp salted butter
- 2-3 cups fresh chanterelle mushrooms
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 package fettucine noodles (or your favorite type of noodle)
- Heat a large pot of generously salted water over high heat and bring to a boil. While you wait for the water to boil, heat a large non-stick skillet on medium-low heat and melt the butter. Add shallots, thyme, and garlic and cook, stirring often, until shallots have softened and garlic is fragrant - approximately 2-3 minutes. Add chanterelle mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally until the mushrooms have softened and start turning golden brown, approximately 7-10 minutes.
- Add cream and parmesan to the the skillet and stir often to reduce. While the cream is reducing, add pasta to the boiling water and cook to just before al dente. Transfer the pasta to the skillet and stir it into the sauce, allowing the pasta to finish cooking in the sauce. Add some pasta water to the skillet to create a smooth and silky cream sauce.
- Once the pasta has finished cooking in the sauce, top with parsley, more fresh thyme, or shredded parmesan and enjoy!