Creamy Spinach and Rice
The secret to this creamy spinach and rice doesn’t actually involve any cream at all! This is the perfect side dish to serve with dinner.
- 1 tsp butter
- 1/2 white onion, diced (approximately 1/2 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup rice
- 1 + 3/4 cup water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 bunch fresh baby spinach (approximately 4 cups)
- optional: 1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- Heat a medium saucepan on medium-high. Add butter, onion and garlic – cook until onions start to get soft, approximately 3 minutes.
- Add rice and water. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered for 5 to 10 minutes. Once water starts to get absorbed into the rice, add the bouillon cube and continue to cook covered on low.
- Once the rice is cooked through, remove from heat. Add a handful of spinach and stir into the rice until wilted and completely combined, repeat until all of the spinach is added to the rice.
- Serve in a large dish and (optional) sprinkled with parmesan cheese.