Crispy Brussels Sprouts
Brussels sprouts are a given at my family’s holiday meals. Try this version of crispy brussels sprouts with bacon and balsamic drizzle.
- 3 slices bacon, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 3/4 cup shallot, sliced thin (1 large shallot)
- 1lb brussels sprouts, shredded
- 1/2 tsp balsamic glaze, for drizzling to serve (more or less to taste)
- Heat a large non-stick skillet on medium heat. Add bacon pieces and cook until starting to crisp, approximately 3 to 5 minutes. Add the shallots and sauté until softened, approximately 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add brussels sprouts and let sit until seared on the bottom, approximately 3 to 5 minutes. Stir the sprouts occasionally and continue to sauté until cooked through.
- Let cool for 5 minutes. Transfer to a serving dish, drizzle with balsamic glaze, and serve!