Easy Baked Chicken Kyiv
This easy baked chicken Kyiv recipe is simple to prepare and tastes so much better than the freezer variety! The fresh ingredients in the herb butter and coating of bread crumbs, this is a wonderful dinner to make ahead for company or for an elevated weeknight dinner. This chicken recipe is truly a family favorite!
For the Herbed Butter:
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, soft
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
For the Chicken:
- 2 chicken breasts, pounded thin (approximately 1lb)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- In a small bowl, mix together the herbs, quarter teaspoon garlic powder, lemon juice, salt and pepper, and butter with a fork until well combined. Roll the butter into a log and wrap in a couple pieces of plastic wrap. Place in the fridge or freezer to harden, approximately 30 minutes to 2 days.
- Place your chicken breasts in a single layer between a piece of plastic wrap or parchment paper. Using a rolling pin or the flat side of a meat mallet, pound the chicken until you have evenly thin chicken breasts. If your chicken is exceptionally large, cut into even halves.
- Cut the cold butter place a piece of butter in the center of each chicken breast. Wrap the chicken breasts around the butter and secure using a toothpick. Place the rolled chicken breast on a plate and chill in the fridge for thirty minutes to overnight.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. In a shallow bowl, beat egg until it is well combined. Place the bread crumbs in a separate shallow bowl and whisk together with paprika. Coat your chicken rolls in the egg mixture. Then coat it with your bread crumb mixture. Place in a prepared baking dish and spray lightly with your olive oil. Bake for thirty to forty minutes, until a meat thermometer reads an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. You will know your chicken is ready when the crust starts to turn golden brown. Serve with your favorite side dish and enjoy!