Easy Chicken Sausage Frittata
This easy chicken sausage frittata is a great way to meal prep breakfasts. It’s a hearty and delicious breakfast that everyone will love!
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 7oz chicken sausages, casings removed (approx. 2 links)
- 3/4 cup onion, diced (approx. 1 small)
- 1 + 1/2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup broccolini, sliced
- 5 whole eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 cup Havarti cheese, shredded
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F. Heat a large non-stick oven safe skillet on medium heat. Add the oil and chicken sausage. Break the chicken sausage up with the end of a wooden spoon as it cooks, approximately 2 minutes. Add the onion, mushrooms, and broccolini. Sauté until the onions and broccolini have softened, and the moisture from the mushrooms has evaporated, approximately 4 to 5 minutes.
- While the chicken sausage and veggies are cooking, beat together the eggs, egg whites, Havarti, dried parsley, and salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl until well combined and the eggs start to bubble. Once the chicken sausage is cooked through and the veggies are ready, spread them evenly on the skillet. Pour the egg mixture in an even layer on the skillet and cook, without disturbing it, until the edges start to set, approximately 2 minutes.
- Once the edges of the frittata have set, transfer the skillet to the oven and bake until the frittata is cooked through and the center is set, approximately 15 to 18 minutes.