Easy Classic Canadian Butter Tarts
This Easy Classic Canadian Butter Tart recipe is an easy way to may the classic butter tart recipe that my grandma would always make. These tarts are a tradition in our household over the holidays, and I am sure you will enjoy them too!
- 12 Frozen tart size pastry shells
- 1/3 cup Unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Golden corn syrup
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup Plump raisins
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 Large eggs, at room temperature
- Once you have thawed your premade flaky pastry shell tarts, for the best results place them in the fridge. In a small bowl, melt your butter and add all of the filling ingredients except the eggs and whisk together until thoroughly combined. Let the mixture cool. Once cooled, lightly beat the eggs until the egg yolk and white is just combined. Add the eggs to the filling mixture and mix until well combined. Place the tart shells into a muffin tin or tart tins and place it on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Pour the filling into the bottom of the tarts so that they are evenly filled.
- Bake the prepared tarts on the lowest rack in a preheated oven at 450 degrees F for approximately 15 to 20 minutes. You will know your tarts are ready when the filling is bubbly and the edges of the pastry are golden. Let cool for approximately 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.