Easy Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup
This instant pot cheeseburger soup is the perfect healthy spin on a classic American comfort food. It is a quick and easy low carb dinner to make that will easily be a family favorite!
- 1 tbsp salted butter
- 1lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 cup whited onion, diced (approx. 1 med.)
- 2 cups celery, diced (approx. 4 stalks)
- 4 cups carrots, diced (approx. 5 small)
- 1 tomato, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 cups no salt added chicken broth
- 15 oz Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/4 of a large head of cauliflower, cored
- 1 + 1/2 cup shredded light sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped green onions
- Set your instant pot to the sauté setting and let it heat up. Once the pot is hot, melt your butter and add your ground beef. Cook, breaking the meat apart with a wooden spoon. As the beef gets close to being fully cooked, add the onion, celery, carrots, garlic, and tomato and cook, stirring often until the vegetables soften and garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add the flour and salt and pepper. Stir often until the flour is fully cooked. Once the flour is cooked through, add the chicken broth to the soup and stir along the bottom to bring up the brown bits.
- Turn the sauté function off and add the potatoes and cauliflower. Close the lid and cook on high pressure for ten minutes. At the end of the cooking cycle, quick release the pressure and remove the lid. Remove the cauliflower with some potatoes and a couple tablespoons of the hot liquid. Blend together in a mixer or food processor until well combined and then stir it back into the soup.
- Stir in the shredded cheese until it is fully incorporated. Top with green onions, some extra cheese and whatever other toppings you would like. Enjoy!