Easy Instant Pot Honey Bourbon Chicken
This easy instant pot honey bourbon chicken evokes memories of Bourbon Street in New Orleans. It is also a quick and easy weeknight dinner!
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup bourbon whiskey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup white onion, diced (approx. 1 medium)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp cold water
- scallions and sesame seeds for serving
- In the bowl of the instant pot, whisk together the honey, soy sauce, ketchup, bourbon, olive oil, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, cayenne, and red pepper flakes. Stir in the diced onion. Add the chicken thighs and mix to ensure they are well coated in the sauce on both sides.
- Cook on high pressure for 15 minutes. Let the instant pot natural release for 5 minutes and then flip the quick release tab.
- Once pressure has released, remove lid and remove chicken into a serving bowl and set aside. In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and cold water. Turn the sauté setting on the instant pot and whisk in the cornstarch mixture. Let it bubble and cook to reduce. Once the sauce is your desired thickness, turn the instant pot off and pour the sauce over the chicken. This makes lots of sauce so you may not need the full pot of sauce for this meal.