Easy Instantpot Chicken Posole Verde
Easy chicken posole verde soup is made in the instantpot and saves a ton of time. It’s also a healthy and delicious Mexican soup everyone will love!
- 1/2 lb green tomatillos, husked and chopped
- 1/2 cup poblano pepper, sliced
- 1/4 cup jalapeno pepper, sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice (approx. 1/2 lime)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 cup white onion, chopped
- 2 tsp fresh oregano leaves
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 30 oz canned hominy, drained and rinsed (2 x 15oz cans)
- 2 cups not salt added chicken broth
- salt and pepper, to taste
- optional garnish: shredded cabbage, sliced avocado, sliced radish, sliced red onion
- In a large blender or food processor, blend together the tomatillos, poblano pepper, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, onion, and oregano. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your instant pot, add your chicken breasts and sprinkle with cumin. Add your hominy, chicken broth, and green sauce from the previous step. Stir and place the top on your instant pot with the lever set to pressure cook (not venting).
- Cook on high pressure for 20 minutes. Use quick-release once the cook time is complete. shred chicken apart and add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with your favorite garnishes and enjoy!