Easy Italian Shrimp Oreganata
This easy Italian shrimp oreganata recipe is vibrant and simple to make. It tastes just like the classic Italian restaurant dish!
- 1lb jumbo shrimp
- 2 tbsp dry white wine
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400F. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together white wine, salt, and red pepper flakes until the salt is dissolved. Toss shrimp in the wine mixture and place along the edges of a baking dish. Pour any remaining wine mixture from the mixing bowl into the center of the baking dish.
- In a separate medium mixing bowl, whisk together the breadcrumbs, parsley, Pecorino Romano, garlic, dried oregano, and lemon zest. Pour the breadcrumb mixture over the shrimp, with any excess in the center of the baking dish.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes, until the shrimp turns pink. Broil on high for an additional 2 minutes to crisp the breadcrumbs. Serve with lemon wedges over rice or pasta. Enjoy!