Easy Kale Caesar with Shrimp and Chickpeas
This easy kale Caesar with shrimp and chickpeas is the perfect lunch or dinner salad! It is a delicious light meal the whole family will love.
For the Dressing:
- 1 egg
- 1 + 1/2 tsp anchovy paste
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp grated parmesan
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
For the Salad:
- 1 batch, simple crispy roasted chickpeas
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 cups kale, chopped and massaged
- 2 cups Romaine lettuce
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, and boil the egg for 3 minutes. Immediately put the egg in a cold water bath until it is cool enough to handle. While the egg is boiling, add the anchovy paste, olive oil, and parmesan cheese to a food processor and pulse it until well combined. Add the pepper, lemon juice, chicken broth, Dijon mustard, and garlic and blend until smooth. Peel the egg and add it to the food processor and blend until well combined and smooth.
- Heat a large non-sick skillet on medium heat. Toss the shrimp with the garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, and paprika until evenly coated. Add olive oil and shrimp to the hot pan and sauté until cooked through, approximately 3 to 5 minutes.
- In a large salad bowl, add the massaged kale and Romaine lettuce and the dressing and toss until evenly coated. Add the crispy chickpeas, cooked shrimp, and grated parmesan cheese and toss again. Enjoy!