Easy Korean Style Beef Bowls
These Korean style beef bowls are a perfect easy weeknight meal. They are ready within twenty minutes and the whole family will love them!
- 1 cup brown basmati rice (dry)
- 1 spray olive oil
- 1 cup white onion, diced (approx. 1 medium)
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup cucumber, sliced and quartered
- 2 stalks, green onion, sliced
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- drizzle sriracha, to taste
- Cook rice according to package directions. Heat a large non-stick skillet on medium-high heat. Spray olive oil on the skillet and add onion and garlic. Sauté until the onions have softened and the garlic is fragrant, approximately 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the beef to the skillet and break it apart with a wooden spoon as it cooks. Sauté until no longer pink in the center, approximately 3 to 5 minutes. In a small bowl, mix together the sesame oil, brown sugar, soy sauce, ground ginger, and red pepper flakes. Pour it onto the beef and mix together. Remove from the heat. Add the rice to the bowl with the beef and cucumber. Top with sliced green onions, sesame seeds, and drizzle with sriracha to taste. Enjoy!