Easy Mongolian Chicken Bowls
Try these easy Mongolian chicken bowls for a quick and healthy lunch or dinner. These bowls are delicious and a great alternative to take out!
For the Marinade:
- 1 tsp brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp oyster sauce
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp water
For the Bowls
- 1lb chicken breasts, diced into bite-size pieces
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 4 cups broccoli florets, chopped (approx. 1 crown)
- 1 cup white onion, diced (approx. 1 medium)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tsp green onion, sliced
- 2 tsp sesame seeds, for serving
- To make the marinade, mix all of the marinade ingredients above in a small bowl. Add the diced chicken to a resealable bag and pour the marinade over the chicken. Seal the bag and work the bag with the chicken so that all of the pieces of chicken are covered with the marinade. Refrigerate for one hour up to overnight before cooking.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sesame oil, broccoli and onions. Sauté until the broccoli starts to char and there is no moisture in the bottom of the pan, approximately 3 to 5 minutes. Add the water and let it bubble on the bottom of the pan. Before the water evaporates, reduce the heat and add the chicken. Do not save any of the leftover marinade. Cook the chicken until no longer pink in the center and juices run clear, approximately 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve over rice and top with green onions and sesame seeds. Enjoy!