Easy Portuguese Chicken Mozambique
This easy Portuguese chicken Mozambique is a great recipe for a weeknight dinner. This popular Portuguese dish is vibrant and bursting with flavor from its delicious sauce.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp salted butter
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 cup white onion, diced (approx. 1 medium)
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or full flavor beer
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 packets Sazon Goya con Azafran
- 2 tbsp piri piri sauce
- chopped cilantro or parsley for serving
- lemon wedges for serving
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add oil and melt butter together in the skillet. Add chicken and sear on each side until cooked through, approximately 3 to 5 minutes per side. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside on a plate.
- Add onion and garlic to the skillet and sauté until onion is soft and garlic is fragrant, approximately 3 minutes. Add lemon juice, white wine, chicken broth, and Sazon Goya con Azafran. Stir together until the spices are well combined. As soon as the sauce starts to reduce, stir in the piri piri sauce and add the chicken back into the sauce. Cook for another 5 to 10 minutes, until the sauce has reduced and chicken is heated through.
- Serve in a large serving platter with the sauce, topped with chopped cilantro or parsley and lemon wedges. Enjoy!