Easy Turkey Stroganoff
This easy turkey stroganoff is the perfect family weeknight meal. It is lightened up with Greek yogurt and is really easy to make!
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 cup white onion, diced (approx. 1 small onion)
- 3 cups brown cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup low fat milk
- 1/2 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add butter and onions and sauté until the onions are softened, approximately 3 to 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and sauté until they have lost their moisture, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add turkey and garlic and cook until turkey is cooked through, breaking the turkey up with a wooden spoon – approximately 3 to 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper, thyme, paprika, and flour. Sauté until the flour is cooked through and starting to brown, approximately 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add mustard, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, and beef broth. Be sure to whisk in the broth to combined it well with the cooked flour. Simmer this down to about half, approximately 3 to 5 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the Greek yogurt and low fat milk until well combined. Slowly add it to the skillet, mixing it in as you add it. Simmer this down to about half, stirring regularly, approximately 3 to 5 minutes. Serve over egg noodles.