Greek Style Tuna Salad
Adding quinoa to salad makes it an extra filling meal, and the Greek style sauce makes it delicious. Try this Greek style tuna salad today!
For the Salad:
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chicken broth (use vegetable to make this vegetarian)
- 200 ml canned sliced black olives, drained
- 540 ml can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced thinly and quartered
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 can tuna, drained
- 2 tbsp goat cheese feta
For the Dressing:
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a saucepan, add quinoa, water and broth. Cook according to package directions. Allow to cool until lukewarm, approximately 15 minutes.
- To make the dressing, add the red wine vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, Dijon mustard, oregano, crushed garlic and salt and pepper to a small mixing bowl. whisk together until well combined.
- In a large mixing bowl, add cooled quinoa, olives, chickpeas, cucumber, grape tomatoes, tuna, goat’s cheese feta, and dressing. Toss until well combined and serve.