Grown Up Kraft Dinner
Growing up in Canada, Kraft Dinner is a standard meal. It was one of my favorite treats as a kid. Try this grown up Kraft Dinner today!
- 250g dry cavatappi noodles, approximately 3 + 1/2 cups
- 170ml condensed milk, approximately 1/2 a can
- optional: 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 3 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 can of sockeye salmon
- Add the cavatappi noodles to a pot and add just enough water to cover the pasta. Heat on the stove on high and bring to a boil.
- When the cavatappi is not quite cooked to al dente, approximately 5 to 8 minutes into cooking, add the condensed milk. If want to achieve that bright orange color that Kraft Dinner has, add the turmeric at this stage. Mix the condensed milk and turmeric into the pasta and continue to boil, allowing the milk to thicken into a sauce, approximately 3 minutes.
- Bring heat down to low and add the grated cheese in stages, mixing it in with the pasta until well incorporated. Once all of the cheese has been added, remove from heat and either serve now, or continue to the last step.
- Optional: flake the salmon in the can and add to the pasta. Mix it in to the pasta and serve.