Guinness Chocolate Cake with Bailey's Glaze
Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in style with this delicious and gorgeous Guinness chocolate cake with Bailey’s glaze.
For the Cake:
- 1 cup Guinness draught stout
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unprocessed baking cocoa
- 2 large eggs, beaten, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup sour cream (full fat)
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 + 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
For the Bailey’s Glaze:
- 1 + 1/3 cup icing sugar
- 3 tbsp Bailey’s Irish cream
- 1 tbsp 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease your Bundt pan. Heat a saucepan on medium-low and add Guinness and butter. Stir often until the butter melts. Remove from heat. Whisk in sugar and cocoa until totally dissolved.
- Whisk together the beaten eggs, sour cream, and vanilla. Pour into the saucepan and whisk until a smooth uniform mixture is formed. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually add the flour mixture to the saucepan and whisk to form a smooth, even batter.
- Pour the batter into the Bundt pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean. Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes in the pan before flipping onto a cooling rack or cake stand.
- While the cake cools, prepare your glaze. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the icing sugar, Bailey’s, and milk until a smooth glaze forms. While the cake is still cooling, poke holes in the top of the cake with a toothpick or skewer, and pour your glaze over the top of the cake, allowing it to drizzle down the sides. Cut, serve on plates, and enjoy!