Healthy Creamy Mushroom Soup
This healthy creamy mushroom soup is a great, cozy soup for Fall! It also uses no cream and is bursting with mushroom and fresh thyme flavors.
- 1 head of cauliflower, sliced into pieces
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 12 oz brown cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 4 oz shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- Microwave the cauliflower in a bowl with a small amount of water (just enough to cover the bottom of the bowl) until tender, approximately 4 to 5 minutes. Place in a blender or food processor.
- Heat a Dutch or large soup pot oven over medium heat. Add the oil and shallots, sauté until the shallots are tender, approximately 2 to 3 minutes. Add mushrooms, garlic, and thyme. Sauté until the mushrooms are tender and liquid from the mushrooms has evaporated, approximately 6 to 7 minutes. Add salt and pepper. Turn heat off.
- Remove half of the mushroom mixture from the Dutch oven and add to the food processor with the cauliflower. Add broth to the food processor and blend on high speed until smooth, approximately 1 minute.
- Add broth mixture from food processor back to the Dutch oven and bring heat back to medium. Optional: add parmesan rind at this stage). Heat the soup, stirring often, until it is warmed throughout, approximately 2 to 3 minutes. Add Greek yogurt and stir in until well combined.
- Ladle into bowls and enjoy!