Is there a better brunch than eggs benedict? I think it would be tough to find anything that compares. Try this healthy eggs benedict today!
For the Healthy Hollandaise:
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup non-fat plain yogurt (not Greek)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp Cajun seasoning (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 whole wheat English muffins, toasted
- 4 eggs, poached
- 1/2 cup baby spinach leaves, stems removed
- 1/2 tsp fresh parsley, chopped, optional for garnish
To Make the Healthy Hollandaise:
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and place a strainer over the pot and place a medium sized mixing bowl in the strainer. Add the egg yolks, yogurt, and lemon juice to the mixing bowl and whisk together constantly, until it starts to thicken – approximately 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the Dijon mustard and Cajun seasoning and whisk together. Add salt and pepper to taste. Keep warm until the sauce is needed.
- Place the toasted English muffins on each plate. Add the spinach leaves on top and add a small spoonful of sauce on top of the spinach. Top with a poached egg on each and spoon the hollandaise sauce over each egg and sprinkle with fresh parsley. There will likely be some sauce leftover.