Healthy Mediterranean Baked Fish
This healthy baked fish recipe brings together the best flavors from the Mediterranean. It is a simple recipe everyone will love!
- 1 cup red onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, whole (papery shells removed)
- 10 oz cherry or grape tomatoes
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp olive oil, separated
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 lb halibut fillets or another mild white fish
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 125ml black olives, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp feta cheese (I use goat’s milk feta)
- chopped fresh parsley, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425F. In a medium mixing bowl, toss together the red onion, garlic cloves, tomatoes, and mushrooms with the tablespoon of olive oil and a sprinkle of Kosher salt and pepper until well coated. Spread the veggies over a baking dish. Top with lemon slices. Place in the oven and cook for approximately 10 minutes while you prepare your fish.
- While the veggies cook, blot your fish fillets with a paper towel to dry. Whisk together the remaining teaspoon olive oil with the oregano and salt and pepper to taste. Spread the olive oil mixture evenly over the fish. Pull the baking dish from the oven and carefully place the fish over the veggies, keeping in mind the pan will be very hot! Place back in the oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Switch the oven to broil for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the oven. The fish is ready when it flakes easily at the thickest part of the fish.
- Top with chopped fresh parsley and serve over a bed of rice or your favorite potatoes. Enjoy!