Honey Ginger Chicken Bowls
I was really craving Chinese food delivery the other day. I decided to do a fake-out meal instead and made these honey ginger chicken bowls!
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced into bite-sized cubes
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 small piece of fresh ginger, shredded (approx. 1/2 inch cube)
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 cup rice (brown or white)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, diced (approx. 1/2 small onion)
- 1 cup of small carrots, sliced (approx. 1 small head)
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets, sliced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
- Add the chicken, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, honey, and sesame oil to a Ziploc bag. Move the chicken around to ensure it is evenly covered with the marinade. Let sit in the refrigerator for 1 to 12 hours.
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet on medium heat. Add olive oil and onions. Sauté until soft, approximately 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the carrots and broccoli and sauté until the carrots start to soften, approximately 3 minutes.
- Add the red pepper and pour the chicken and marinade into the skillet and sauté until the chicken pieces are cooked through, approximately 5 minutes.
- Combine the cooked rice with the contents of the skillet and remove from heat. Scoop into 4 bowls. Top with the green onion and sesame seeds and serve.