Leftover Ham and Pea Soup
This leftover ham and pea soup is the best way to use up extra Easter dinner. It is easy to make and delicious – there won’t be any waste!
- 1 spray olive oil spray
- 3 cups leftover ham, diced
- 1 white onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cups dry split peas
- 2 cups carrots, sliced
- 6 cups no salt added chicken broth
- Heat a non-stick skillet on medium. Once the pan is hot, add the sliced bacon strips and cook until crispy. Add the onion and garlic and cook until soft, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Add the contents of the skillet and the rest of the ingredients to the crockpot. Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Once the crockpot is finished, stir the soup and season with salt and pepper to taste.