Mediterranean Shrimp Bowls
Mediterranean shrimp bowls are the perfect weeknight meal. They are healthy, come together super quickly, and make plenty for leftovers!
- 1 cup, brown basmati rice, dry
- 1lb shrimp
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Mediterranean spice mix
- 1/2 white onion, diced (approximately 1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 bunch broccolini, chopped into 2 inch pieces
- 1 can chickpeas (398ml), drained and rinsed
- 1 small can sliced black olives (200ml), drained
- 1 cup lettuce, sliced
- 4 tbsp tzatziki, for serving
- Cook brown basmati rice according to package instructions. In a medium mixing bowl, add shrimp and Mediterranean spice mix. Toss the shrimp until evenly coated with the spice mixture.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet on medium-high. Add olive oil, onions and garlic. Cook until onions are soft, approximately 3 minutes.
- Add grape tomatoes and broccolini to the skillet and cook until the tomatoes start to go soft, approximately 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp to the skillet and cook until it turns pink and is no longer opaque, approximately 3 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cooked brown basmati rice, contents of the skillet, chickpeas, olives, and lettuce. Toss to combine the ingredients in the bowl. Scoop evenly into bowls, top with tzatziki and serve.