Mini Gingerbread Bundt Cakes
Mini gingerbread bundt cakes will get you excited for Christmas! These are moist, fluffy and are perfectly spiced – great for the holidays!
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup molasses
- 2 + 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 + 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 cup boiling water
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Prepare the pan by melting unsalted butter and spreading it generously onto the pan with a pastry brush.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, cream the shortening until fluffy. Beat the sugar into the shortening. Add the egg and continue to beat it together. Add the molasses and stir together.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves into a large mixing bowl. Add one-third of the flour mixture to the batter and stir together. Add half of the boiling water and mix together. Repeat with another one-third of the flour mixture. Follow with the last half of the boiling water, and then finish with the last third of the flour mixture.
- Pour the batter into the mini bundt pan, filling it 2/3 full. Bake at 350F for 10 to 15 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 5 to 10 minutes before flipping it onto a cooling rack. Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve!