Mom's Chocolate Chip Cookies
A Christmas tradition at my house is to bake my mom’s chocolate chip cookies. These are the cookies we leave for Santa on Christmas Eve!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 + 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 300g semi-sweet chocolate chips (1 package)
- Preheat oven to 375F. Using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat together the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, and eggs until light and fluffy, approximately 3 to 5 minutes.
- Mix in the flour, baking soda, and salt until well combined. Mix in the chocolate chips.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, drop a heaping teaspoon of batter 2 inches apart from each other.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until the edges of the cookies start to turn golden. Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to finish cooling.