Mom's Mucked Up Hamburger
My mom’s mucked up hamburger is a delicious and hearty dinner! I always loved when she would make this for us, and now I make it for Julian!
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 2 cups onion, chopped (1 large onion)
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 28 oz canned whole tomatoes (1 can)
- 1 cup celery, chopped (2–3 stalks)
- 1 cup red bell pepper, sliced into strips (1 medium pepper)
- Heat a large deep skillet on medium heat. Add oil, beef, and onion and brown the beef, breaking it up with a wooden spoon as it cooks – approximately 3 to 5 minutes. Once the beef is thoroughly cooked and the onions are softened, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the canned tomatoes, celery, and red pepper. Cook until the mixture is bubbling stirring often. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, on low for 20 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve and enjoy!