Peach and Balsamic Chicken
Sweet peaches complement balsamic vinegar and is brought together with creamy goat cheese. Try peach and balsamic chicken tonight!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (approximately 1lb), cut into strips
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 large shallot, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 large peaches (approximately 17oz) sliced into bite sized pieces
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp chicken broth
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh basil, plus more for serving
- 2 tbsp goat cheese, crumbled
- Heat a large non-stick skillet on high and add oil. Season chicken strips with salt and pepper.
- Once the skillet has been heated, cook chicken on high, letting it brown on each side – approximately 5 minutes per side. Be careful here, the skillet will spatter!
- Once the chicken is cooked through, turn the heat to low and remove chicken from the skillet. Set chicken aside on a paper towel lined plate. Add shallot and garlic and cook until soft and translucent, approximately 2 minutes.
- Add peaches to the skillet and bring heat to high. Cook peaches until soft, approximately 8 minutes.
- Add balsamic and chicken broth to the skillet and cook until it reduces, approximately 2 minutes. Stir in basil and cook for another minute.
- Add chicken back to skillet and cook until chicken is warmed through, approximately 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Crumble goat cheese over skillet and sprinkle chopped basil on top. Serve.