Pork Gyoza Rice Bowls
Bring the takeout home with these pork gyoza rice bowls! Satisfy your crazing for fast food with this recipe for a healthier alternative.
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 8 cups of cabbage, shredded (approximately 1/2 a cabbage)
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 + 1/3 cup onion, chopped fine (approximately 1/2 a large onion)
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced and greens and whites separated
- 1 lb lean ground pork
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups edamame
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sliced greed onion greens (from bunch above)
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Microwave cabbage for 30 seconds and let cool. Using a kitchen towel, squeeze the liquid out of the cabbage and set aside.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet, on medium. Add sesame oil, ginger, onion, and green onion whites. Cook until soft, approximately 2 minutes.
- Add ground pork and cook, breaking apart with a wooden spoon. Cook until pork is almost heated through, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the cabbage, soy sauce, salt, and edamame to the skillet and cook until the edamame is heated through, approximately 2 minutes.
- Add rice to the skillet and mix until well combined. Cook another 2 minutes and remove from heat.
- Optional: Add sauce to the skillet and mix until well incorporated. Scoop into bowls and serve.