Prosciutto and Mushroom Bites
Looking for the perfect snack to make for New Year’s Eve? Make these Prosciutto and Mushroom Bites! They are the perfect treat to snack on!
- 400g (1 package) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 tbsp salted butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 shallots, sliced
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp dry white wine (I used pinot gris)
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 6 slices prosciutto, broken into small pieces
- 2/3 cup brown button mushrooms, chopped finely
- 12 tbsp goat cheese
- 1 tsp honey
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray and set aside. Roll the puff pastry into 1/4 inch thick layer and cut into circles. Place puff pastry circles in the muffin tin to create cups. Bake for 10 minutes.
- While the pastry is baking, heat a non-stick skillet on medium. Add butter and oil. Once the butter has melted, add the shallots, salt and rosemary. Cook, stirring frequently for approximately 10 minutes. Add the wine and balsamic vinegar to deglaze the pan. Once the shallots are caramelized, remove from heat.
- Take the puff pastry cups out of the oven. Add prosciutto pieces, caramelized shallots, mushrooms, and 2 tbsp goat cheese into each cup. Bake for another 15 to 20 minutes, until the pastry starts to turn golden on the edges and the goat cheese softens.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Place on serving tray and drizzle with honey. Enjoy!