Quick and Easy Tuna Pasta
This quick and easy tuna pasta will be a family favorite for weeknight meals!
- approximately 12 cups, or 2/3 of a pot of water
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 200g bucatini noodles
- 1 can of tuna packed in olive oil (do not drain)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes (approximately 1 pint), halved
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (or more, to taste)
- 3 cups fresh spinach, ripped into bite sized pieces
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano, plus more for serving
- 1 tsp chopped parsley, for serving
- Fill a large pot 2/3 full with water, add salt and bring to a boil. Add pasta to boiling water and cook to al dente according to pasta package instructions.
- While pasta is cooking, heat a large skillet on medium and add oil from the can of tuna when the pan is hot. Add garlic and cherry tomatoes and sauté until soft, about 2 minutes.
- Flake tuna with a fork and add to the skillet. Add spinach and red pepper flakes and cook until spinach is wilted, approximately 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Once pasta has cooked, add 3 tsp of pasta water to skillet and mix well. Drain pasta and add to the skillet and combine with the tuna and vegetables.
- Add parmesan cheese to the skillet, add cracked salt and pepper to taste; mix well.
- Serve with an additional sprinkle of parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.