Roasted Veggie Egg Bowls
Up your work from home lunch game with these roasted veggie egg bowls. They are delicious, healthy, and seriously easy to put together!
- 1 cup brown basmati rice (dry)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 4 cups butternut squash, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces (approx. 1 small squash)
- 3 kale leaves, center rib removed and sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 eggs
- 4 tbsp crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 450F. Cook rice according to package instructions. In a large mixing bowl, toss the squash with 1 tbsp olive oil, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp paprika, and salt and pepper to taste. Spread onto a parchment lined baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes.
- In the same large mixing bowl, toss the kale with 2 tbsp olive oil, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp paprika, and salt and pepper to taste. Line on another parchment lined baking sheet. Once the squash has roasted for 20 minutes, toss the squash and place it back into the oven. Put the kale in the oven at this time and continue roasting for approximately 10 minutes. When you put the kale into the oven, start boiling a small saucepan of water.
- Once the water is boiling, place the eggs into the water for 6 minutes and continue softly boiling the water. Remove the eggs at 6 minutes and place into an ice bath. Shell and set aside for topping the bowls. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together 1 tbsp olive oil with the red wine vinegar, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, and salt and pepper. Toss the dressing into the rice.
- To serve, portion the rice evenly into bowls, top with squash, kale, shelled boiled eggs, and tbsp crumbled goat cheese per bowl. Enjoy!