Salmon and Chipotle Roasted Butternut Squash Salad
Perfectly cooked salmon over a bed of deliciously roasted butternut squash with a sauce with smoky chipotle pepper is the perfect salad to get me back on track!
- 3 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp Ancho chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Chipotle powder
- 1/4 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 3 cups Butternut Squash (approximately 1 medium squash), peeled and chopped into cubes
- 2 Wild salmon fillets (approximately 1lb)
- 1/3 cup Fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/3 cup Goat feta cheese
- 1/2 cup Pomegranate arils
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. In a small bowl combine the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, ancho chili, chipotle, garlic powder, and salt and whisk together until well combined. Peel and core your butternut squash and cut it into 2-inch pieces. In a large bowl, toss the squash pieces with half of the the oil mixture. Once they have been well coated, place the squash pieces in a single layer on a parchment paper lined baking sheet, making sure the pieces are not touching.
- While the squash roasts, place the salmon fillets on a parchment lined large rimmed baking sheet. Pour the last half of the sauce over the salmon and place it in the oven as the squash finishes roasting. Once the salmon and squash is fully cooked, remove from the oven and let it fully cool.
- Chop your cilantro, and lettuce and toss together with the goat feta cheese and pomegranate. Place on four plates and top with the roasted squash and half of each fully cooked salmon fillet. Serve immediately and enjoy!