Shrimp Louie Salad Dressing
This classic Shirmp Louie Salad Dressing is creamy and full of flavor. This dressing is similar to a thousand island dressing and adds the perfect pairing to the vibrant and fresh flavor of the salad!
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise; I usually use half fat mayo
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Fresh lemon zest
- 3 tbsp Fresh lemon juice (juice of one lemon)
- 2-3 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp Capers, drained
- 1/4 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- If you want to have a super smooth dressing, with no noticeable capers, then you will prepare your dressing using a food processor. Add all ingredients to a small food processor. Pulse until the capers have been combined, then set on high for 30 seconds. Drizzle over your salad to toss. Place your tossed salad in individual salad bowls and drizzle with just a little more Louis dressing. Add your hard boiled eggs and ripe avocado on the side. I also top with a couple more capers for good measure. Enjoy!
- If you don't mind having noticeable capers in your dressing, simply add all of the ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk together until well combined. If your dressing is too thick, add a small amount of cold water to the mixture and whisk until fully incorporated. Repeat with a little water at a time until you reach your desired consistency.