Simple Brown Butter Basil Orzo
Still looking for a dish to make for Valentine’s Day? This simple brown butter basil orzo is it! It is a delicious side dish for any occasion.
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 + 1/2 cups orzo (dry)
- 3 cups low sodium chicken stock (substitute veggie stock to make this vegetarian)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 6 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Once the butter begins to brown, add the orzo and cook for approximately 2 minutes. The orzo should be slightly browned.
- Add the broth and stir. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered for approximately 20 minutes. The orzo should be tender and the liquid absorbed.
- Mix in the parmesan and basil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Scoop into bowls and enjoy!