Simple Cabbage and Chicken Thigh Skillet
This simple cabbage and chicken thigh skillet is a great weeknight meal! It is a quick dinner with barely any dishes everyone will love.
- 1 tbsp olive oil (only needed if you use boneless skinless thighs)
- 1lb chicken thighs (approx. 4-5)
- 1 cup white onion, diced (approx. 1 medium)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 cups, sliced cabbage
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 cup white rice (dry)
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- Preheat oven to broil at 450F. Heat a large deep non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil and chicken thighs and sear both sides, approximately 3 minutes per side. Remove the chicken and set aside on a plate, keeping the skillet hot.
- Add the onion, garlic, and cabbage and sauté until the garlic is fragrant and the onion and cabbage has softened, approximately 5 minutes. Add the paprika and rice and sauté for another 1 to 2 minutes. Add the broth and bring to a simmer. Nestle the chicken back into the skillet and cover. Simmer on low for 15 to 20 minutes, until the rice has absorbed the broth and the chicken is cooked through to an internal temperature of 165F. Broil for up to 5 minutes to crisp the chicken back up. Serve in bowls and enjoy!