Simple Crispy Smashed Potatoes
If you are looking for a different side dish for your holiday dinner, try these simple crispy smashed potatoes. Everyone will love them!
- 1lb baby potatoes, whole
- olive oil spray
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400F. Add potatoes and water to a large pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Cook for approximately 10 to 15 minutes, until the potatoes are just fork tender. Drain the potatoes and spread them onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Using the back of a fork, press down on the potatoes until they burst and flatten a little (are “smashed”). Spray the potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine the rosemary, thyme, and garlic powder. Sprinkle the mixture over the potatoes. Place the potatoes in the oven for approximately 30 minutes. You will bake them for longer if you prefer crispier potatoes.