Simple Lemon Butter Cod with Thyme
This simple lemon butter cod with thyme is the perfect Spring meal. The lightness of the cod and lemon offsets the smooth butter and thyme.
- 4 fillets cod or another firm white fish
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp butter
- Optional: lemon slices and extra thyme for serving
- Season the cod with salt and pepper. Heat a large non-stick skillet on medium-high heat. Add oil and cod and fry on each side until cooked through, approximately 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Once the fish is cooked through, remove and immediately add white wine and chicken broth to deglaze the pan, stirring to pull up any brown bits on the bottom of the pan. Add lemon juice and thyme and let the sauce reduce to about half of its original volume. Reduce heat to low and add the butter to the pan, swirl the sauce in the pan until the butter is fully melted into the sauce.
- Serve the fish and pour the sauce over it. Add lemon slices and extra thyme for serving. Serve with your favorite potatoes or rice and enjoy!