Simple Roasted Delicata Squash
This simple roasted delicata squash is the perfect autumn side dish. I love the delicate skin of the squash which adds a unique and delightful texture and flavor to this dish. The half moons roasted in a single layer is my favorite way to enjoy squash in the fall!
- 1 delicata squash, halved hollowed and cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp curry powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F. Cut the ends off of your squash and then cut it in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds, then cut into one inch thick slices.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, toss the squash slices with the olive oil and curry powder until well coated. Spread out over the baking sheet so each slice is well spaced from the others. Sprinkle with a little bit of salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 15 to 25 minutes, turning them over after approximately 10 minutes. Check the squash regularly when you get to 15 minutes total cooking time so that they do not burn. You will know your squash is ready when it is fork tender.